PetSure (Pty) Ltd (South Africa) in conjunction with Royal Canin and Pfizer Animal Health is proud to offer you FREE Accident Cover for your dog for the duration of the Dog Day, Country Dog Walk, Sunday,30 September 2012.
In the event that your dog sustains an injury while PARTICIPATING in the Country Dog Walk event and needs to be referred by one of the veterinarians appointed by Royal Canin and Pfizer Animal Health to a veterinary facility for further treatment, PetSure will pay up to R 1000 towards the treatment of the injury.
Conditions: a) Only dogs registered for the Dog Day event through the Dog Day websites will qualify for the FREE Accidental Injury Cover.
b) The Accidental Injury Cover will only be applicable if your dogs are leashed for the
full duration of the walk.
c) The Accidental Injury Cover does not cover any injuries sustained on the way to or from the Dog Day.
Here follows the list of perils which will be covered under this FREE Accidental Injury Cover:
For definition purposes an Accident is an unforeseen event that results in visible, physical or bodily injuries to a pet, for example broken bones, dog fight or a motor vehicle accident. The Accident must be a direct consequence of at least one of the following:
- Motor vehicle accident
- Burn or electrocution
- Fall from an elevated position
- The actions of another animal
- Swallowing a foreign object requiring surgical or endoscopic removal
- Snake bite
- Allergic reaction to an insect bite other than tick or flea bites
- A fracture
- A broken bone
- A traumatic ligament or tendon injury
- Lacerations, abrasions or wounds
- Dehydration/heat stroke
How to claim:
1) Please ensure that the attending veterinarian appointed by Royal Canin and Pfizer Animal Health refers you to a veterinary facility of your choice.
2) Take the injured dog to the veterinary facility for the needed treatment and pay the account.
3) Complete a claim form and post it, together with the detailed veterinary facility invoice and the receipt to: PetSure – Claims,
P.O. Box 62229, Marshalltown, 2107.
(Claim forms are available at the veterinary facilities or you can call us at 0860 738 787 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fax / e-mail you a claim form).
4) PetSure will then assess the claim and pay a benefit of up to R 1000 for treatment received at the veterinary facility for the injury sustained during the Dog Day event.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Client Services Department at 0860 738 787 or via e-mail at:
email@example.com for more information on the different options available for comprehensive
cover against all unforeseen accidents and illness.